Workforce Education & Training
Supporting local career opportunities through no-cost workforce and education programs.
We ensure the Inland Empire is aware of emerging technologies and changing production processes related to energy efficiency and advanced energy skill sets.
We need a skilled workforce in the communities we serve. But there’s a gap for job seekers who don’t have the necessary training to take advantage of opportunities in the clean energy economy.
I-REN brings comprehensive, equitable, and targeted training to people of the Inland Empire so they can pursue careers and contract opportunities in energy efficiency.
Our no-cost, short- and mid-term support for training and education to the regional workforce helps bring about energy efficiency and savings goals for the residential and commercial markets.
Our programs include the following:
Training & Education
- Establish local partnerships, so job seekers have easy access to training and education.
- Assess the training resources currently available.
- Support providers to “train the trainer” on energy efficiency topics and trends.
- Connect with local companies to develop appropriate job pathways.
- Develop energy efficiency training for job pathways.
- Foster connections between industry and workforce development organizations.
- Help job seekers find employment in energy efficiency and advanced energy.
- Collaborate with employers to provide continuing education for professional development and employee retention.
If you are a student wishing to learn more about no-cost training and education for a job in the energy field, email us.
If you are a local business interested in learning more about our workforce development programs, email us.